Saturday had some interesting moments.
The scout argued with me about going to his Den Chief training because it was four hours long. "That's almost a whole day of school for me" - he says.
When I went to pick him up, he got a "trained" patch to put on his uniform, he will be getting a Den Chief patch from his scout master as well; and he says to me, thanks for signing me up - "I had a great time and I'm sorry about this morning." hummmm
We left, went to lunch, and then shopped. It was a great afternoon.
About 7, the scout went over to babysit across the street, so my friend and I could go out for a coffee. We were able to sit outside and have a nice chat for 45 minutes. We arrived home, and walked across the street to her house. One of the neighbors was having a party and their guest had brought their Doberman Pincher. It had already charged a dog walker earlier that evening, and as I walked onto my neighbors lawn, it charged me. I calmly stood my ground, didn't move or flinch and if I had taken one giant step, we would have met. Because I didn't move, scream or run - the dog stopped. I guess that's my point. I looked it straight in the face. While it was running towards me, I was thinking I was going to get bit - I'm totally serious. In these two instances, the owner never apologized for his dog. That bothers me more, than the dog's behaviour.
I always get a venti hot coffee at Starbucks. I didn't finish on our "coffee outing" and brought it home. The scout went to a different neighbors house to play with a friend after my outing. I stopped by to talk to the dad. He noticed my Starbucks cup was now printed in one color - brown. Before it was two colors - brown and green. I know, from being a printer, that this saves money and find it interesting, as they have announced closures of 600 stores.
Well, those are my thoughts of the day.
Followers
Sunday, August 24, 2008
Random Thoughts
Posted by wfbdoglover at 7:57 PM
Labels: random thoughts
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


3 comments:
Yikes! Dobermans can be vicious if not properly trained. Is he not behind fence?
Standing her ground. That's my dog whisperer! :o)
Oh wow YIKES!!!!
I love iced white mocha from starbucks. yummy!
Post a Comment