Followers

Sunday, August 3, 2008

I'm kidless and loving it!

Who know that this is all it would take to be kidless for four days!

The scout is off to Newport State Park for three nights and four days. You can see them departing here.

My husband and I are enjoying ourselves, like before the scout was born. We got a take out breakfast, as soon as we dropped him off, and then my husband went off for his traditional Sunday afternoon nap.

Meanwhile, here I sit, wondering if he is having fun, pitching a tent, eating lunch and enjoying himself.

This is his first time going off with anybody for several days. I hope he enjoys himself for many more free weekends for myself to come.

9 comments:

Marinka said...

Yes! he's enjoying himself and I'm glad that you are too!

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you're having a good time.

I left something for you on my blog. http://squashcakes.blogspot.com/2008/08/award.html

Ivanhoe said...

Awwww... Looks like he's a big boy now :o) Enjoy yourself!

wfbdoglover said...

I am sure he will be happy to not brush his teeth, take a shower and wear the same underwear for three days. - LOL

This morning we had horrible rain storms this morning. I woke up at 5:30 and checked the radar... looks like they may have only had a bit of light rain.

He is at the very tip of the peninsula of Wisconsin. I guess that is the frugal attempt of a little NY.. ha ha

Angela said...

I hope you enjoy your time while he is away... though I understand the worry as it is in the Mommy gene!

wfbdoglover said...

Big time Angela... I normally sleep through storms, as much as I love them!

Kimberly McKay said...

What a great feeling. To be honest the thought of that for my son still scares the crap out of me. How do you let go?

wfbdoglover said...

He did go on his own terms. He could have gone to Boy Scout camp for a little over a week. He said he wanted to go, and I said that was fine BUT he had to decide by the sign up date in April. If he backed out he would have to pay the whole $150 back. If he decided to go after the deadline, he could - but had to pay the $10 or $20 difference and if he still backed out he had to pay back the whole amount.

On the cut off date week, he decided he didn't want to go - which was totally fine by me. (We also have had bullying issues and some of those kids would have gone. I was relieved)

Then an email came up and I asked if he wanted to do this - 3 nights and 4 days. Only six kids went, with three adults and he was definately ready and excited. Since we are off on summer break, his confidence is back up and the only kid that did go - that might be a problem - he handled last week to the point the boy actually apologized to him.

It is easier when it is on their terms... :)

Trooper Thorn said...

He'll be having a great time eating stuff without washing his hands, peeing in the bushes, farting around the campfire and sharing dirty jokes he doesn't understand in the tent late at night.

Best news yet: that will never change no matter how old he gets.