Followers

Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Only I get excited in a cow barn......



So my husband says to me. He didn't even want to go in. I love animals, but I wouldn't make a very good farmer because I could never sell any of them or kill anyone.

Then I tortured him in the horse barn. Yes, a man who can race motorcycles at top speeds is afraid of horse - can you believe? After taking several photos, of a whole row of horses he said "Come ON" you have a whole barn to get through.

There was a beautiful grey and white one. We were eye to eye. It was so hard not to reach out and touch this beautiful animal. I bet you'll never guess. We went to the State Fair. Everyone should go. They are always a lot of fun. The shopping - they have almost everything on "As seen on TV", food, drink, concerts games! Something for everyone. They had a milking contest, see this little girl? Prizes for the best flower arrangement and various displays. The bottom photo was NYC. I took that one for you Marinka.



My husband and I went alone this year, we held hands and walked and looked and talked. I teased "Buy me this dad", Dad, I wanna win this prize. Then we remembered the last time we were there alone. Our son was about 1-1/2. I didn't want to bring him to the fair, as I was afraid someone would snatch my precious baby.. LMAO. The whole time we were at the fair, we talked about the scout and wondered what he was doing. We didn't have as much fun as we had tonight.

Enjoy and good night!

5 comments:

wfbdoglover said...

sigh,

sorry about everything not lining up. Does anyone know if there are problems with blogger and explorer 6? We can not have 7 other wise for my quick books I have to spend like $150 for an upgrade just to get it to print. - Crazy and I'm not doing that.

Anonymous said...

Those are great photos. The pig is cute, cute!

Ivanhoe said...

Aren't cows' eyes just beautiful? They're big and brown... and those long eyelashes...
We have a county fair soon. Planning to go this year. It's been a long time since I went.

Angela said...

Your guy is afraid of horses? He'd probably say "that girl is afraid of motorcycles?"... too funny! I have never ridden on one, and they do frighten me a bit... The county fair is an awesome date night!

Anonymous said...

I get excited in a cow barn too! And the sheep barn. :)

I love the photos!