It is that time of year again... you shop until you drop, and you spend a ton of time labeling school supplies. ALL OF THEM. Every pencil, crayon, marker, notebook and Kleenex box. So our "tradition" is to spread a blanket on the front lawn and spread out all of the supplies and start labeling. I made up a sheet of paper, in a handwritten font and each year I print them off - cut them into tiny strips and tape my "label" onto the school supplies. It is easy enough for the child to help and I don't have to make up a new sheet every year. (You can see the bowl in the photo... it has all our little slips in it)
So Sunday, we spread out our loot and got to work. My husband even joined in on "the fun".
When it was all done..... it was time for a bit of R & R.
Followers
Monday, August 18, 2008
Back to School Traditions
Do you have any special traditions before you go back to school?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


10 comments:
That's a good idea! Is he ready for school?
What fun!!! Since we just started this whole "real" school thing I have no traditions... but hope to make some!
OMG Kat, he is just so cute! And he's got your eyes, too :o) And I love the freckles.
Ooooh and I see some 24 & 48 stuff on the blanket. Jimmy and Jeff are my boys, too :o)
Thats an awesome idea!
We haven't started formal school yet, but I've been enjoying reading about everyone's first days and traditions on the internet this week. Such cute pictures.
Tomorrow we will register for the middle school! It is definately a different, but fun tradition!
Thank you Ivana - he is adorable -- if I must say so myself... my little "doodle bug"!
What a fun tradition! I love how excited kids get with school supplies. Their excitement is contagious, isn't it?
Oh Beth, it is amazing!
Ivana, I just caught "the boys" comment on the 2nd go around. My scout just started go kart racing this summer.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/wfbdoglover/sets/72157606518749955/
Goodness is that what I've got coming up? I'm still trying to get the supplies on the list to replenish what the teachers bought - ugh. Sounds like you came up with a great solution!
Nice tradition! We take time at the end of the summer to go out to dinner and talk about all the things we did together through the summer, what we would like to repeat and what we would like to forget :-)
Post a Comment