Followers

Monday, August 11, 2008

Off To War


When my son was born, I was shocked. I really thought I was having a girl and I really WANTED a girl.


I had a boy.


The first thing that ran through my mind was the draft and him going to war and loosing him. But why worry about that when I can just send him to a battle zone every day. Yup, that's right. Every day he goes to war and right now I am helpless. There is nothing I can do about it. You see, he is a victim of bullying. It has been a hell of a couple of years for me. The photo here was taken on May 10th and all I got was I'm sorry from the principal. No call to the parents - no suspension for the kid - nothing.
So this week we signed up for a community playground and my son was man handled by another kid. I never find these things out until bed time, like tonight; although I heard earlier today, there were some not so nice kids attending - so we already decided he wasn't going on the field trip. But before bed, he had me put some creme on his arm and as I'm covering the scrape, I get the story of the pushing and shoving. When my son retaliates - the kid says "what did you do that for".
I'm tired of my son being teased, taunted and used as a punching bag. The only two non religious schools in our communitiy are $8,000 and $16,000's annually.


7 comments:

Marinka said...

That's terrible. And I'm so disappointed that in this day and age the school tolerates bullying and turns a blind eye to it. Is there a way to talk to the school to educate them about the problem. I hope that things improve for your son.

wfbdoglover said...

I have asked the school board to be put on the agenda to impliment a policy that I took a lot of time writing. That was in January.

Although they have admitted to me that the prinicpal has not handled it properly, they do nothing.

To resolve the problems, we "met quarterly". WOO HOO did nothing.

The students that are causing the problems need to be suspended. Not just loosing a recess.

We were on the news this past April. After that, I started writing notes home directly to the parents. I called them the "white envelopes".

Ivanhoe said...

Oh honey, I'm sorry. I wish I knew what to do about it. I'm sure you already talked to the principal/teachers/parents and that didn't change anything, did it?

Anonymous said...

School is hard enough without the bullying.

I'm sorry your family is going through this.

http://squashcakes.blogspot.com

Angela said...

Oh my goodness... I am so sorry for your son and your family - that is one of my nightmares about my children in school. I hope something will change.

Anonymous said...

I am so so sorry you have to deal with this! I had a good friend who went to USM and loved it, her family got a scholarship maybe you should look into it?

Give your son a huge hug from me!

Anonymous said...

This makes me very sad for you and your son. Don't get discouraged. Keep standing up for what is right!

Jackie