I set out to do something, and I was able to find what I was looking for. After months of being extremely selective, I had a job offer today and I will already start on Monday. I am very excited!
I wanted to be
1) within a five mile radius from home. At 25 MPH and many stop signs, I am less than 10 minutes. That includes getting in and out of my car. this brings me to my next point
2) I wanted to be able to bike to work. Now if you only knew the huge hill, with a stop sign right in the middle, to get to that job, you'll pity me.
3) I wanted to work no more than 37-1/2 hours a week. For most of the year, I will be working less. They honor the sabbath and close at 4:30 on Fridays.
4) I wanted to do something different than what I have been doing for the past 23 years. A little bit of what I am doing, event planning and fund-raising. Plus some administrative duties.
5) It would be nice to start at 9:00 a.m., as I am not a morning person. I will be working from 10 - 6 (except the winter, I will be working 10- 4:30 on Fridays.)
6) I wanted to be able to make a difference in this world. I will be working at a pre-school.
7) I had a set salary in mind. I will be making $7,500's less than what I had in mind; however, I will have 10 personal/sick days, (I never heard of that) 1 week of vacation that I can take whenever I want and all the Jewish Holidays.
8) I did not want to be on call 24/7 or work weekends or night. Except for closing the facility at 6:00 p.m., one board meeting a month, and an annual gala that will need extra attention, I will not be working late.
Negatives:
1) they do not have a 401K plan...... yet (but they do have the pre-taxed savings for health or day care)
2) my son will be home approximately 3 hours from after school, until I get home. Who knew, I could have taken a job back in December that did not meet one criteria and I would have had to commute 40 minutes. The earliest I would have gotten out of work would have been 5:30 and by the time I drove home, it would have been the same time my bike will be pulling in the driveway.
I am blessed! I know a bit earlier than Friday.
oh, and one last thing. The person that I am replacing was suppose to have their last day Friiday and they are staying next week to train me. I have never been trained for a job before. It was always, here is your desk - figure it out.
Followers
Tuesday, August 12, 2008
I hit the jack pot!
Posted by wfbdoglover at 11:08 PM
Labels: friday blessings, thankful
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


7 comments:
Congrats!!!
Well congratulations, Kat! This job sounds good to me. I could not get a job around here so that's why I'm going back to school. Obviously I'm keeping the job I have right now (with no future), but only for the year that I'll be in school. Hopefully then, I will be able to get a job where I could see myself staying for years, even retiring.
Congratulations! Hope it all works out!
jackie @ where the boys are
Congrats on the new job!
Congratulations! That is terrific... I keep wondering what I am gonna do when both my babies are old enough to go to school. I will not go back to flying, as I would have to start all over at the bottom of the totem poll for trips - yuck. I think maybe a job at the school would be perfect!
Thank you ladies!! I was truly lucky Ivana and Angela, yes, I think a school is a good choice. I have been reading the classifieds for a year now. You definately get paid well and have lots of time off!
Big congratulations. Yay you!
Post a Comment