I know, I know, I've been neglecting my blog lately. Sorry, but I've been busy, busy, busy!!!
We kicked off Friday with a presentation at Discovery World, for my son's week long class - On and Under Lake Michigan. We had a bit of time at the end, and were able to run through the Les Paul exhibit. Les Paul is from Waukesha, Wisconsin and invented the Electric Guitar.
Saturday, I spent most of the day cleaning and then quickly getting ready for my brother n'law's last US concert in Illinois. We hand a 1 -1/2 hour drive to Johnsburg, IL - a small village just over the Wisconsin border. I enjoy country roads, so it was a nice peaceful drive. We didn't know that they didn't start playing until 10:00 p.m. and had a nice two hour visit with the band. Emotions were running high between, The Black Molly's and Million Dollar Reload. The friendship between the two were unbelievable. It was fun to watch and be included in. My husband was able to spend time with his "baby brother" and we were able to hang out on the bus after the bar closed. (missing middle brother is here) I drank water all night and my husband had a really nice time . Before we knew it, the sun was coming up and we really had to get home. It was 5:30 a.m. and we headed off in the sunrise. I never look back, because then you really aren't saying good-bye. We are looking forward to their tour this fall. They have been great for my spirits and a pleasure to have at our house one night. Such sweet and respectful lads. They were so nice to my son and he actually called me at a really good time, I was sitting outside with Kie, B.A.M and Davey and he got to talk to all of them, as well as his Uncle Kieran. I was grateful to my mom for keeping him over night, so we didn't have a time limit - I never knew we would stay out all night and he was a little sad that he couldn't come.
The best part of the night for me, was when someone asked me if I was with the band. I was a bit taken back, then smiled and said - 'ya know, I've always wanted to say that! - That was a good laugh - or as they say in Ireland "good crack". (Slang for Good Fun - :) )
So Davey, BAM, Andy, Phil, and Kie, thanks for the best two nights in a long while! We miss ya lads! (wipes small tear from her eye)
I'll give a little plug here for Reverie, we heard them the first night of the tour and hung out with the dummer the last night.
Sunday was a very interesting day to say the least. I set two timers and told my son when the first one went off to walk the dog and when the second one went off, to wake me. (thank goodness for independent 11 year olds) I caught two hours of sleep and took him down the street to Little Joe's birthday party. A four year old who loves my son! I came home about 2:00 and my little scout came home about 3:30. We got ready to go to a merit badge counselor meeting at 4:00. We picked up dinner and after that, I was down for another two our nap. My husband of coarse, slept the whole day.
Monday we headed to Summerfest, the worlds largest music festival. 10 days, 11 bands playing at one time - yada yada yada. Sorry no photos folks, I didn't want my camera confiscated. So after seeing the sign that camera was illegal, I didn't bring it out. We did hear Darryl Stuermer play, went on the John Lennon Educational Peace Bus, did the kids activities, won a few head phones and a $1.00 lotto, then headed home about 4:00. My son got a little overwhelmed with all the people, and found out he is exactly like me. He looked at the ground and I steered him out of the park - of coarse we were at the farthest end and had to walk to the opposite end, but he did OK. At least he didn't start hyperventilate like I usually do. Karen wrote a cool blog about things to do at Summerfest, you can read about it here.
Yesterday we rested! Today I've been to Menard's by 9:00 to return some hoses we bought this season and they sprung leaks already. I can't say enough about the customer service I received today. Everyone was pleasant, friendly and positive. I had to ask three times to find something and the employees BROUGHT ME to where I needed to be. I had my husband's credit card to do the return and the gal came out to the machine to get it printed for me. As annoyed as I was, as to how long it took me to do everything, I could not complain as the service was so outstanding.
I stopped by the McDonalds to grab my son the hashbrowns I promised and the window lady was nice and friendly. I asked to have my meal double bagged because I had a 15 minute ride and didn't think I would make it to the McDonalds by my house before they stopped serving breakfast - her reply NO PROBLEM. I got to the take away window and the man asked if I had something special, I replied the double bag need and he replied OH, No Problem and promptly did what I had requested with a SMILE and a have a great day. Maybe there is hope for the world - yet!
So much for Wordless Wednesday. Well, that's me for today. Now if you'll excuse me, I have to unstick my butt from the chair and make some lunch for the scout and his little scout friend. At least we caught up and you know where I was for the past few days! Have a great one (smiling) and let me know what you've been up to!
Followers
Wednesday, July 2, 2008
MIA
Posted by wfbdoglover at 11:43 AM
Labels: family, fun, million dollar reload, summerfest
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
You really were a busy bee. You are excused :o)
Staying up until the sunrise...wow...I did not do that in years. I just need my eight hours of sleep, otherwise I'm grumpy all day and have to catch up the following night *sigh*
Good times! :o)
I know!! I haven't done that in 12 years - brought a little life back into me -- if 'ya know what I mean!
Post a Comment