Followers

Monday, July 21, 2008

A Give Away!! YAY!!






I am very excited to announce my very first give-a-way. Although I would love each and everyone of you to win, there can only be one winner - because I only have one. It is a Brookstone photo key chain holder. Very new - complete with software, and never taken out of the box.


So how will I pick a winner? I will write each and everyone of you down on a slip of paper and pick a winner. Well, I won't, but the little scout will, as I know he will enjoy doing it.


BUT first, you have to tell me about yourself - in order to enter. I would like to know how you came up with your blog title and your "handle" and if it wouldn't be to much to ask, I would like to know what makes you blog. So not to hard - and not to much to ask - right?

Now this contest will be until NOON (Central Time) on the 29th of July, because I have a few bloggers that are on vacation and I want to make sure they get a chance.


So I will go first, My blogger name is wfbdoglover. I was a volunteer for a golden retriever rescue and the website person made me wfbdoglover to access the site. WFB stands for Whitefish Bay - the town I live in AND obviously I'm a dog lover. Well, I love all animals. I decided that I wouldn't write anything I wouldn't want anyone to see and so on the web - anywhere, I'm WFBDOGLOVER. (well except one political site I blog on)


Anyway, I picked WALK ON THE SUNNY SIDE OF THE STREET, as it is one of my favorite things I did while I lived in New York. I use to read Cosmo Magazine and they would have a list of thing you should do. One was always walk on the sunny side of the street. If you have ever been to New York, you'll know that sometimes a side of the street is all shade because of the tall buildings - I would always cross over and think of that saying.

WHY do I blog? Well, although my zip code is 53217 - I really feel it should be 90210. You see, I feel like Andrea on that show. Andrea was one of the brainy, less attractive people on the show. NOT that I don't think I'm THAT "unattractive", I'm just different. I really don't care about fashion. I'm more sporty, with a bit of classic thrown in. I like makeup and dressing up, but having every $500.00 fashion bag - well, just isn't my thing. I have a pink back pack for the summer and in the winter a black one (and it is coach, my pretties).


I don't care about status - or what people THINK is status. I'm not afraid to get my hands dirty or think and fix a problem, rather than spend countless hours finding ways to avoid it AND, in a way, I'm an activist. If an issue bothers me (ie: kids without a lunch regularly) I'm going to find a way to get them a lunch. (shamefully, after a year, I did fail on that one)


So, I blog for the friendship to be honest. So that's me.. now your turn! Good luck!

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ohh I came up with mine from a sweet and lo package bahaha

wfbdoglover said...

haha - cute!

Ivanhoe said...

Oh you know a lot of stuff about me already :o)
Ivanhoe is a nick name my ex-MinL gave me and it just stuck around. I looked up journal/communication in dictionary and liked communique because its different.
I keep blogging cause I have stuff to say or show (most of the time anyway :o) and love meeting new people and make new friends.

Anonymous said...

I was originally Chubby Bellies, and you can get that story in the archives of my blog. Now I'm Insta-Mom. Why? For starters, I was a mom the moment I married The Hubs (arguably, before that, but don't go there with the bio mom). I also feel like we are all "Insta-Moms." There's no downtime. From the moment our eyes open, whether it's in the morning or in the middle of the night, we are on call, on duty, and at work. Instantly.

I blog because I have a very small social circle. Then I discovered mommy bloggers and suddenly a whole new world opened up to me of people who "get it." I love the cameraderie (I'm certain that's spelled wrong but I'm too lazy to spell check it right now) and the friendships I'm forming.

So there ya have it. Thanks for asking; key chain or no key chain, I would have answered.

Angela said...

Hi! I am just finding your blog, but thought I would say hello! I too am an animal lover, all of them... even the two puppies that have taken over my life this summer.(!)

Seriously, I started blogging for many reasons. My sis in law has a blog, and I enjoyed reading what she would say. I am a Broadcast Journalism major, and started in newspapers, with Features being my favorite thing to write, so what better way to write without the deadlines??!! Plus, I have two kids who do such funny things I have to share!

I picked Sunflower Hill as my blog name b/c of the fields of sunflowers around our house.

I enjoyed reading your blog and will be back to visit again!

3boyzmom said...

Hi! My name is Tangie! I live in the capital of CA with my hubby and 3 boys. (Hence my "handle", 3boyzmom:) I am a junior high school English and reading teacher!!
I started blogging for fun, and blog about contests, freebies, and just my regular old life as a mama!! I don't really know how I came up with my blog name, it just kind of popped out of my head and it stuck!! Save Your Money Mama is the name by the way!! I've been so into trying to pinch my pennies and with that swirling around in my head I guess that's where it came from!!
I love blogging because it's such a great way to get advice on parenting!! I just post my issue, and other moms all over the world can give me their take on it!!! I also love reading product reviews, that way I don't waste money!!

Colleen - Mommy Always Wins said...

OMG we're neighbors!!! I live in West Allis (hold yer judgement, please). :O)

My blog name: Mommy Always Wins
Why? When my oldest was beginning to assert his independence, I'd end every argument with, "Don't fight with Mommy - Mommy ALWAYS wins!!!" Then he laughed at me. Literally.
Don't know that I have a "handle" but want to say thanks for commenting on my guest post over at Kelsey's! Hope you'll stop by my blog!

Mommy Always Wins

Anonymous said...

Cool story, Fantabulous giveaway!!!

Well, not knowing anything about computers and not being smart enough to really think of a name that could eventually stick out or be a sticky in someones mind...I accidently put: momfor4 as my url name. Unfortunately it's too late to change it. I am only a mother to three (unless of course you want to count my husband who could be considered a child too at times). Since I couldn't change that name...I went ahead and change the name of the space that I built up. It is now; My Own Space...because that is the only space I have that's mine :). I could have picked a better name but it is too late in the game for that. I don't want to have to start over, so, it's stuck.

I started my blog not knowing what I was doing or how to do it, so I have made many mistakes, but I can say that it is finally taking shape as I am trying to evolve my site from just blog posts about contests to actual stories about me and things I have won, things I have done and things I would love to do.

The reason I started the blog was to help myself when entering contests since there are a lot of blogs out there that ask for blog posts about the contest for extra entries. I have an addiction for giveaways since our finances are too low to afford most anything I try to win. Unfortunately, we have wine taste with a beer budget. I don't want to hound my husband for some of the things I'd love to have so instead, I enter contests in hopes that I could win it and not have to ask my husband for it (it bothers him that he has to say no all of the time because we just cant afford it).

Your giveaway is something to scream about (if won) and I hope I may be that person!!!!

wfbdoglover said...

These are all great and I am enjoying them!! Thank you!

Anonymous said...

Hello, found your blog through a comment on Retro Housewife...I think I blog because finding all these connections fascinates me. Well, more importantly, I blog to chat with my big sis, who shares the blog with me. I live on the east coast, and she lives past the west coast (in Alaska) so we don't want to miss out on the little things in our lives as our kids grow up. My daughter loves looking at pics of her cousins.

Our blog is "A Spritz of Sis" because it was something we both could agree on that didn't involve food or kids---2 things we talk a lot about anyways. You'll hardly get longwinded posts on our blog---just a spritz here and there. "Spritzy" is a good adjective for both of us anyhow.

My handle is "sunnymum" which was created much by accident before blogging for a message board that had too many "moms". So "mum" it is, with the most happy adjective I could come up with.

Hope you have a nice week!

wfbdoglover said...

YAY! Thanks for entering. This contest is now closed and I will be drawing the winner out of a "hat" via the scout, shortly!


Thank you to the 8 that have entered

kelsey, Ivanhoe, Insta-mom, Angela, 3boyszmom, Colleen, BarbaraBaker and Colleen.