Followers

Saturday, July 19, 2008

Hello? Is anybody home up there?

Sometimes you just gotta wonder what goes on upstairs in the brain of a man. I mean really.

My husband went to go buy a cooler last night, as he and my son are going to the race track today and tomorrow - my son is getting into go-cart racing.

I made lunches this morning, and asked my husband where the cooler was and he says "In the truck". I walk out to the truck and open it up and low and behold before my very eyes, is a cooler the size big enough to hold a small child. (I actually said a swordfish to him)

My first reaction is - how am I going to keep this thing cool - BUT why should I worry about that, WHEN THE WHOLE THING IS FILLED TO THE TOP WITH ICE. LIKE 100 lbs OF IT.

(shaking head)

I've been packing lunches for my son for 8 years. That's right - he is 11, but including daycare - I've been packing lunches for 8 + years. I told my husband last night that I stuck a whole box of juice pouches in the freezer. They act as a cooler, you don't have the mess (OR WASTE) of ice and they are super good cold and whatever isn't used, isn't wasted and can be refrozen for the next day.

I have four cases of water in the house and he goes and buys more water as well... I guess I am just so mad at the thoughtlessness of the waste of ice twice a week. Bigger isn't always better......

0 comments: