I had a dream of being the first female priest or the first female professional football player or the first female race car driver.
Sadly, Dianca Patrick is the only one that has succeeded in these categories - and with much resistance I might add.
This weekend, there are three woman that want to be ordained and the Catholic Church is going to excommunicate them.
I wonder when this world will start treating people with respect and equality.
Followers
Sunday, July 20, 2008
31 years ago
Posted by wfbdoglover at 12:31 PM
Labels: equality, politics, random thoughts, women
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


4 comments:
Three days before I baptized my sons I read an article about the church excommunicating women who had been ordained along with the bishops who ordained them.
I have such a hard time with this. Why should someone be penalized for wanting to commit their lives to their faith? Why should they be penalized because they are a woman? And why should they be penalized for helping that woman?
I baptized my sons, but I have a hard time with this. I have a hard time seeing the faith beyond the very flawed humanity that represents it.
That is so sad and unfair.
I love Danica and wish her continued success! You go girl!
There is a lot of unfair things going on in this world and we just have to take it day by day. Baby steps, cause nothing changes overnight...
I think we have made a progress since the sixties though :o)
I too wanted to be the first female in the NFL. Heck, I still do!
Post a Comment