Followers

Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Baby Cardinal

Somebody leaving the nest! This is a baby cardinal. We had fun watching this afternoon.


More photos here.


Last time this happened, Seamus brought him to me in his mouth. He was "keeping it safe" until mommy got home.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh what a cute birdie!

Kelsey
mysweetlife.org

Ivanhoe said...

Wow! That is just a little baby...

What are you planning for holiday weekend?

wfbdoglover said...

Thanks ladies, after getting a better look at him, I noticed some flesh showing on his wings.. (you can see in the flikr.com photos)

We called the Wildlife center and they asked us to bring him in, so we did and sure enough, he had a cut on his back. They are keeping him.

The Fourth... well no real plans - just going to my mom as usual.

This is the first year in about 6 that I will not be IN the parade or working the start of it. (I think my husband's jaw is still on the floor about that one)

How about you? Any good plans?

wfbdoglover said...

OH, they said the baby was about two weeks old.

Anonymous said...

ohmygosh! He is so funny looking. We have quite a few baby birds by our apartment, I've never seen one as newly hatched as yours.

Ivanhoe said...

Just two BBQs. One with family tomorrow at aunt's house and one at friend's house on Sat. We also have to start the fence, renting the ogar (sp.?) and digging 16 holes *sigh*
Have a great time at your mom's!

wfbdoglover said...

Thanks Amber, at the wildlife center they said he was about two weeks old. I have a call into them to see how he is doing this morning. I feel bad for mom and dad, but with the cut, he could get an infection and die. At least he will have a chance now.

Ivanhoe, you have your work cut out for you!! You'll feel so accomplished once you finish your fence. I'm proud of you!

Happy Happy and enjoy your two parties Ivanhoe!

Anonymous said...

oh that's so precious!