Followers

Sunday, July 27, 2008

Who I read Part One

Thank goodness for igoogle, otherwise I would have lost everyone of my precious bloggers when I changed my layout. I will you all back soon, but first I want to figure out how to add three columns and a personal header.



In the mean time, I would thought I would feature who I read and why. No particular order, probably my igoogle.com order. I hope you find them as interesting as I do.



Chicago Plus One - Use to be Plus or Minus One. A single gal, living in Milwaukee would blog on jsonline.com. She became so popular they asked her to do a weekly column. Unfortunately, shortly after, she took a job in Chicago. I was glad to find her on blogspot.com. Busy with her new job, family and getting to know a new city, she blogs occasional.



Retro Housewife Goes Green - a new find for me and Eco friendly home ideas. I am still working on my 100 Eco things I do. Just remember every little bit helps.



Motherhood in NYC - Thoughts of a NYC Mother. An enjoyable read for me, as I miss NYC very much and wonder if I made the right choice or not to move here when I was 8 months pregnant. She has another blog called I Know What You Are Reading. If you what others are reading on their commute in NYC, check it out! It is a blog that has a purpose. (unlike myself)



Fried Okra. I still haven't figured out what it is, (Fried Okra that is.. I think it is a southern dish) but this lady was a guest blogger over here and that is how I discovered her. The fact that she had lived in my current/hometown made me curious. So far, I have enjoyed all her posts, I'm sure you would too. If I could tear away myself from all these blogs and comments, I'm sure I too, could figure out to have the three column layout she has.



We Make Words - light, artsy and interesting. A nice break for the day. - same as sfgirlbybay.



Andrea - Just-As-I-Am . Life of a mom with two girls. Honest, fun and a look into a variety of activities in her life.



Anymommyouthere - With a name like anymommy, how could you NOT click and find out more? I saw a comment somewhere and have this be a lesson to you lurkers that commenting isn't so bad. Anymommy is a great read - adoption, birth, potty training (I'm still peeing in my pants thinking of those blogs) and serious stuff too. I love her honesty and topics. She is an excellent writer as well. Check out My Baby Is Covered in Urine, Game Over and It Just Keeps Getting Better and Better . I started reading her right before that time and have been hooked ever since.



From Grey to Green - Another Eco Friendly blog - my first find to be honest with you. I won her preserve toothbrush and will blog about that when I am ready to send it back. You should read her "did you know" blog, I am glad I did.... stopped me from buying some #8 tomatoes.



Oh, I could go on - but I'll stop here and do a Part two. I hate leaving people out, (remember I did do my igoogle order) but I want you to enjoy who I enjoy and take the time to read their links and know those that make up a part of my day (if my husband knew the amount of the day - oh boy). But I think of you all when I experience things in life...from what I read on the blogs.





Stay tuned for Part Two.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Some neat blogs on here. Thanks for the reviews!

Angela said...

What a wonderful idea!!!

wfbdoglover said...

Thank you colleen and Angela! Angela, you are already added and Collen, I have a window open to check out the blog of you and your sister. How cool is that?

Happy Sunday!

Ivanhoe said...

I'll check them out when I get home tonight. Sounds like fun! I see you found a way how to make Sunday go faster without your boys ;o)

anymommy said...

Aw thanks! That made me all blushy and warm. I've really loved getting to know you too. And, that potty training phase was pretty darn funny...now that it's temporarily OVER!