I think the hardest part about being a parent for me was not be able to finish what I was doing from start to finish and thus becoming disorganized AND having toys all over the place just drove me nuts and again making me feel disorganized.
I'm not sure why it is so hard for kids to clean up, but it is. So here is a parenting tip. If your kids play with Lego's, have them play ON A BLANKET. That way, when it is time to clean up, you pick up the blanket and dump everything into your tub or basket to put away. My son calls it the "blanket method" and we learned it from a classmate of his.
Another tip, that is particularly helpful if you have young children is, when you are going to a restaurant that has a drive through and you are staying there to eat - use it. Go through the drive through and when you collect the food, just ask them to put it at the front counter and you will park and be right in. That way, you walk in, the food is ready and you don't have to try to order and watch your kids OR wait in line for you food and worry about watching where the kids are. On that side of the building there is usually more parking.
Do you have any tips to share?
Followers
Saturday, June 28, 2008
Parenting Tips
Posted by wfbdoglover at 9:02 AM
Labels: family, kids, organization
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


9 comments:
Oh what a cool idea I never thought of that before!
Kelsey
mysweetlife.org
Ohhh I see a new blog design. I like it.
No kids for me yet, but I'll try to remember the Lego trick ;o)
No tips to share, ut good news to bring. I decided on the way home from work today that I would award 2 prizes for my 80's memories post contest. I then decided that no matter who it is, the prizes would go to the 10th and the 20th commenters. You were #10! Email me your name and address and I will get your prize off this week.
Thank you Kelsey and Ivanhoe. Thanks about the design compliment. I tried something 4th of Julish, but the boxes were clear and you couldn't read the type - so then I went to a standard blogger one. It wiped out my map, all my favorites and my feedit.
Thanks valtool. I left you a comment that I could not find your email address... so if you want to leave me a comment with yours, then I just won't approve it and that way no personal information will be posted...
Thanks
Kat
Great tips!! I will definately be trying the blanket/Lego tip.
By the way, you won my giveaway for the toothbrush! Just come on over to the blog, click the link to email me and you can send me your address without posting it. I'll get it out right away!
Heather
http://fromgreytogreen.blogspot.com
http://runningfromthelittlepeople.blogspot.com
I love the fast food restaurant idea. Brilliance.
Want to hear something funny? I walk with the kids in the triple stroller to our local Starbucks quite often (WAY more often than I should). When I get there, I sit outside and ask the first nice looking person to buy my chai. I always have my order on a note and a five. It was a little embarrassing at first, but it beats trying to buy hot tea with three kids hanging off of me or destroying the store and that dab nam triple stroller is too wide to fit in the door!!!
ooh ooh wow! I'm so excited about the toothbrush and I did email you Heather.. Thanks a trillion!! Thanks for doing your part in this world.
Any mommy, You sure have your hands full! I think that is a great idea!! You could also call ahead and tell them you're coming! Bet they would be happy to have it ready for you and walk it out to you!! :) Starbucks does have good customer service! I'm a Venti Mild with Extra Creme kinda gal! ;)
Hellooooo! Anybody there? I need to read some new stuff from you :o)
Hello, I wrote somethinig last night but deleted it.... :( sorry
I have to run to Menards, but I will post some of the things that have been mulling around in my head these past few days!
Thanks - :)
Kat
Post a Comment