Followers

Saturday, June 14, 2008

Driving Directions

When you are going on a trip, do you ask for directons AND look everything up on a map? I do, but maybe I'm anal.

My husband is driving to SOMEWHERE in Minnesota, today and I've just spent the last hour marking up a one piece state map on all the roads that are closed do to flooding. WHY? Because I sent him a link of all the roads and he didn't bother to read it. I asked him how he was going to Minnesota and he pointed to the freeway. I asked if he realized that a large chunk of 94 West was closed. His response was that he was going to follow the detours.

WELL, the "power of blogging" comes into effect now, I was reading a different blog and found out a truck driver was trying to get near where 94 West is closed and the DOT had a 198 mile detour.

THEN, on the same blog, someone from the WEST part of Wisconsin was trying to get home and was turned around by State Patrol 8 miles into their trip.

What he is going to HAVE to do, is travel North first toward Oshkosh, to get high enough past the flooding and take 21 across, then down to I-90.

Anyone interested in the road closures, click here. This is as of 1:47 a.m. on 6/14/08.

I guess people do anything for their kids.

0 comments: