Followers

Friday, June 20, 2008

Time of my life


I've been busy the last two days or so - if you noticed I was missing. I found out Tuesday that my brother n 'law had a cancellation for their first night's gig in Ill, due to flooding and he and three of his band members could come up for an overnight visit. To I was in a world win of cleaning, bedwashing and baking, shopping and cooking.

The boys arrived Sunday in Chicago from Ireland and arrived Milwaukee on Tuesday noon. My husband drove down and picked the lot up and brought them to lunch at County Clare. Most of them had an Irish Stew for lunch and loved it!! The five of them ate for $100 - which I thought was quite reasonable.
They arrived here about 3:00 and I had just wiped the last counter just in the nic of time. The boys gave me the biggest hug and were so greatful to come up for a visit. We should them our family room where they were staying. This was just "class to them", especially based on some of the hotels they were staying in on their UK tour. Davy and my brother 'nlaw fell asleep and Brian and Andy - the two guitarist came along with my son and I for a tour of the city.

We first went to The Rave. (1st photo) We had gotten a tour of the facility. The had four band stages and The Ballroom up top. The boys were amazed with the size of it. I am glad they got to see it, because it is so hard to describe over the phone. I've read the place is haunted and maybe that's why none of my photos turned out.
The next stopped was the lake front and we checked out Summerfest! (2nd photo) We found out how to apply to play there and had fun driving the whole length of the grounds.
After that, we made our way home up the lakefront stopping at Discovery World and the Milwaukee Art Museum. I had the best three hours in a long time. The bottom two photos are from the night of the concert. I will post the rest on Flickr, since I can never seem to get the photos to work for me on this blogspot.




As we drove up Lincoln Memorial Drive, we got a treat courtesy of MMSD and our heavy rains. (P-U). And just after showing off our new Lake Front remodel too! (special link and - shout out to Karen one of my regular reading blogs Play in the City)
Just as we were entering back into Whitefish Bay, my husband phoned to say my parents came by for a visit. We sat and chatted for awhile, got the boys sorted out for beds and showers, then started dinner. We ate late, but had a lovely meal outside by the fire and ate under the stars. The boys never had s'mores before so we had those for dessert and then they were all ready for bed again.
They got up about 10:00 and ate 36 eggs, bacon, sausage, a loaf of bread, with homemade blueberry muffins and banana bread. My husband was an angel for cooking their breakfast, while my son and I met his friend and mother for the Movie Alvin and the Chipmonks for the Marcus Kids Rule Program. T$2.50 cent movie and a popcorn - check it out!
By the time I got home, my husband left for work and I made up left over porkchops, brats and burgers for the boys to take back to their 12 bed sleeping tour bus. We headed to the venue about 3:00. We must have been a site, Frompy house wife, 4 rock and roll bandmembers and two middle school kids crammed into the back of the wagon with a bunch of their stuff. I couldn't even see out the back windo on the right side of the car. OOH, how I wish I would have had a photo.
The next couple of hours were spent hanging out in the tour bus - which the boys loved and I made it home in time to barely have a shower and get ready for a the show.
We had a great time, it was sad they had to go and we hope they will be back again soon - you Rock!!
Check them out!! Million Dollar Reload

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you had a great time. Love the CBGB shirt too. I have one of my own. :)

wfbdoglover said...

That's my brother'nlaw! Next to him is my husband - in the conservative shirt. :)