I'm am really heartbroken. I
just did something really hard. Four years ago, five this Christmas, my husband bought me a '71 Beetle for Christmas. Now I was excited, to be honest, but not as excited as the Volvo surprise. I wanted a '67 Cherry Red Convertible.
He worked really hard for two years, and the car went from this. 

To this .
Last summer, my husband and dad remodeled our family room. They worked weekends from June, until the end of August - no luck working on the Beetle. Since last winter, my husband's work has been so busy, he has worked almost every Saturday. So the car sits unfinished. With the new Volvo, I have a sunroof and A/C. This bug car will have NO A/C and no sunroof. I am honestly afraid I will not drive it in July or August and being a collector car there are winter months you legally can not drive it in Wisconsin.
So I broke down in tears, and told him that I felt terrible for all his hard work - but that he should sell the car and use the money and put it towards a new one for him and sell the Camry he is driving now.
I was surprised he wasn't disappointed, as it is we have a truck, a sedan and the wagon and a fourth car just isn't practical. I was gratful he understood and his feelings weren't hurt. It really isn't the exact car I wanted, but all the hard work he put into it - it made it that much harder to part with.
I hope you all don't think I'm a spoiled brat.
Followers
Wednesday, June 11, 2008
Heartbroken......
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


7 comments:
OMGosh, I just noticed in the picture with the bug in its painted black stage - see the boat. That is a whole blog in itself. I bought it at an auction. Kinda funny, but those two vehicles in that photo, I've owned, but never rode in! OMG
Hey sis! That's OK letting your beetle go. And I want to hear the boat story.
Did not hear any of my mystery authors? I admit a lot of them are European... I guess mystery novels are just not your forte :o) I recommend starting with Patricia Cornwell if you up to it.
OOH, I love mysteries, just never heard of THOSE authors... I will check out Patricia Cornwell and let you know!
Maybe I'll blog about the boat this weekend... :)
Of course you aren't spoiled!
No you're not spoiled...you're loved. Awesome guy you have!
PS...James Patterson or Patricia Cornwell are both good mystery writers.
Thank you friend. How funny you would comment on this today. It just sold on EBAY. My old car was taken yesterday and paid for today, so they are both gone.
:( I will check out those writers.
Post a Comment