If your child goes to school with my son, you may receive a "White Envelope" from me. I send it in the mail, and I just sent out my fourth - 1st of this year. I wish I would have started this sooner. It always seems the behaviour stops after I send one. I will be keeping a copy for my files for future reference and it might go something just like this.
Dear Parent,
I hope your summer went well. I know ours sure did. Being out of our elementary school is sure a blessing and we were ready to move on from some of the behaviours we encountered.
That being said, today in gym class they had to change clothes and what I'm hearing is your child was making fun of My Scout wearing "speedos". I would like to clarify that he had a brief on - Sonoma brand and he wears boxer briefs as well. NOT that my scouts underwear is any concern to your child. I am also curious as to why this is even necessary at the middle school level. I know you will address this immediately, as if this would continue on a regular basis, it may classify as sexual harassment.
In addition, your child is back to making rap songs about my scout - stating he is weird and retarded. I know you will address this immediately.
In closing, I've enclosed a copy of the district Harassment Policy 411.2/511.1. It may not be followed at our elementary school, but I expect it to be followed at our middle school. Parent, we have been off to a great start here at the middle school and I will see to it, that it will continue. I know you will do your best to see it does too. This behaviour is totally inappropriate.
Warm regards,
my name
date
time
cc: personal file and assistant principal
enclosure - Harassment policy.
NO, you do not want to get a white envelope from me - not this year. READY, AIM, FIRE.
______________________________
Prohibited harassment may include, but is not limited to, the following:
1. Verbal harassment, including epithets, kidding, derogatory comments, slurs or ethnic jokes;
2. Physical harassment, including patting, pinching, or intentional brushing against another's body;
3. Physical interference with movement, activities or work;
4. Visual harassment, including derogatory cartoons, drawings or posters; and
5. Demands for sexual favors, whether or not accompanied by implied or overt promises of preferential treatment or threats.
Followers
Thursday, September 11, 2008
The White Envelope
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


6 comments:
You are sure ready. Hope this helps :o) Have a wonderful weekend!
I hope it helps too. :)
Man I'm so sorry. I hope Scout is protected at school, and I will pray for his safety...that he's free from that sort of behavior at school. Why are kids so cruel?
I am sorry about your Scout having to put up with that. Go get 'em.
Wow.. I will be praying for yall and that the bullies will leave him alone!
But, I bet that white envelope is just about perfect aim... =)
Good for you! I hope your son has a better year too.
Post a Comment