I'll never forget that day. I was driving to daycare and could tell from the radio something wasn't right. I returned home and turned on the TV. Moments later, the 2nd tower was hit. I called my husband and I remember saying through tears, "HOW DARE SOMEONE DO THAT TO US". I spent most of the day crying, probably mourning. I was in absolute shock and didn't know what to do. I remember thinking, what if I had done XYX on that day - I could be trapped or dead - if I still lived there. How would I get in contact with my family while walking home? My baby would have been so far away from me (I lived in the suburbs)
Since that time, I have flown once. ONCE in 7 years and I have no desire to do it again. Me the jet setter, who flew every month or more while pregnant.
I'll never forget the silence the days after. I will never forget. I've never been the same since, and can only imagine the people that live in New York or lost loved ones - no we will never forget. But I don't want to relive. It is so hard, so sad and to much. I shut off the radio on the way to school this morning and came home and walked the dog and the TV is still going - almost an hour later.
And while we are reliving, I hope each and everyone of you remembers the soldiers that have died, fighting for a country they do not even know.
Many more have died.
Followers
Thursday, September 11, 2008
Gone, but not forgotton - I just don't want to relive
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


5 comments:
I was getting ready for school (college) and I happened to turn on the TV while I was getting ready (a rarity) the Today show was on and they were talking about the attacks. We watched news all day in our classes.
I called off at work and watched TV in awe all day... And cried, too...
I was packing my flight bag to leave on a 3 day trip... It was cancelled, and my then friend Geoff (now husband!) saw the plane fly into the towers. He lived in NYC and worked at 1 Times Square. I was flight attendant on the first flight into NYC, that Thurs, and got stuck for two days. It was part of getting Geoff and I back together.. in a year we were married!
It was impossible to be the same after that day. THanks for writing about it and helping us all remember.
I agree...what bothers me is some Democratic persons (none named here) are acting like nothing happened 7 years ago....that we've got to be free from that environment of war. Well I'm sorry that the terrorists started this...bc I hate war...but we can't sit back and do nothing in the name of political correctness.
Post a Comment