Followers

Monday, September 15, 2008

FIRE, FIRE

A lot of the interesting things we do, are with the scouts.
Can you imagine the horror if this was a real fire?
5 minutes after the fire started, the flames were put out. This was "faster" than if they had actually been called to the fire. Response time would have been an additional two minutes.
This demo showed how good sprinkler systems work.
Practice makes perfect.
Do you know what to do?
More photos from Saturday's event here.
See what we did and consider joining scouting. Life skills are invaluable lessons for parents and boys to learn.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

yowza

no thank you to fires. I hope that we are never in the situation

Ivanhoe said...

Nothing works better then seeing it in their own eyes. Great lesson :o)

Angela said...

Awesome... we used to have these kind of disaster enactments when I was with the airline. It can change and save lives!

Anonymous said...

Wow, what an awesome lesson to demonstrate what a real fire can be like and what to do. I think everyone should have this opportunity to learn and practice. Hopefully none of them actually have to use their newly acquired knowledge though.

Colleen - Mommy Always Wins said...

My three brothers and I were all in scouts (well, I was a gs they were bs) but all learned VALUABLE life lessons in our time there!

BTW - I started a new little online community for WI bloggers - check out today's post on my blog for more info!