Followers

Thursday, September 18, 2008

Silent Wars

There are some things that my husband and I argue about regularly; BUT we never say anything.

For instance, we constantly fight about the heat or the a/c levels. I always get the "last word" in, as I am a night owl and always put the heat down or a/c up after he goes to bed. We never say a word about the topic, we just play around with the buttons on each other.

Another thing are lights. He leaves them on and I am always turning them off. Especially the downstairs hall light when he is in the family room. He gets the last word in, by turning the light on from the downstairs and leaving it on AND going to bed.

Our other big arguments consist of election signs. I am now only allowed one. I am a BIG follower of politics - especially local politics. Last presidential election, I had four (4) signs in our yard, OK maybe 5. I really pushed my husband over the edge one day - adding a 6th sign. He came home from work and found another sign on how to find local sex offenders in your community. Needless to say, it went on the parkway and I was told I was allowed only one sign per election. I win, by sticking them on my neighbors yard. She lets me.

September 9th, we had a primary for State Assembly. My candidate won; however, she still has to win the November election against the other party. I left her sign up in the yard, and this weekend my husband took it out of the yard and put it on the parkway for garbage pick up. I guess I won, 'cause the garbage men didn't pick it up and I stuck it in the front yard again. Last night, he came home and stuck it on the parkway again, and told me that he should be paid $15 per day, per sign for advertising. Those are the only words spoken on the topic, since those four years ago. So I guess I lost that one.

Do you have any silent wars with your significant others?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Tyler and I do the light thing, only it's really not silent.

He always says,"Amber did you grow up in a light house?"

:)

Ivanhoe said...

Sorry for chuckling here... I know it's a serious subject, it just made me to :o) Must be the way you wrote it.
Nothing at our house that I can really recall...

JEWEL said...

We have the light thing going on. He's walking to bed (he's not falling up or down the stairs or over anything, so he can see his way cause a light is on) and proceeds to bed! Missing the light every night! I stopped saying anything, I just follow him around shutting off lights, I have nothing else to do, right? I guess this one is silent.

This one is not silent: I honestly asked my husband if I could like cover our fence, sign after sign after sign. The answer was no. He doesn't wish to have any sign, although we are together on our vote!

Kimberly McKay said...

You sound like us! Are you sure you're not my lost twin in some alternative universe?? :)