Have you ever needed a mental health day and taken one? It is a lot easier to do when you are an adult. Earlier this month, I let my son have a "Mental Health Day". He got to stay home, relax, watch TV, play games and just putter about.
My husband, who works very long hard hours, is rarely home. Usually on "sick days", I give him a call and ask the same question - am I making the right decision to keep him home. That day, I obviously didn't.
About 11:30, I hear the dog outside "crying" - which is a sign he knows someone. The back door opens and it's "da hubby". He comes down stairs and finds the both of us in our separate rooms doing our thing and wants to know why our son is home.
He is having a Mental Health Day and go back to what I was doing - which was more like ignoring him, as I knew we were busted.
A Mental Health Day - he says. What's that?
You know, a day where you just need a break. He needed a break (back to work)
I dodged a few more interrogating questions and then said. On the ONE day that I give him a break you have to come home. What are you home for? Well, that got rid of the questions pretty quick....and we had a good laugh and lunch together, before he left to go pick up a client.
Followers
Friday, May 2, 2008
Mental Health Day
Posted by wfbdoglover at 12:43 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


0 comments:
Post a Comment