My son is growing up. Last week we lost our "last" baby tooth and the Tooth Fairy Came for the last time. (Little Stinker HID it and I never found the tooth. I think he was trying to "prove" that I am the Tooth Fairy since this, Santa, and The Easter Bunny is the only thing in his life I refuse to give a straight answer on.)
So my "little bird" is growing up to be a very nice young man. He is in 5th grade, and is "big" compared to the 2nd and 1st graders. They are the oldest class at the elementary level. It can be sad, looking at the younger ones and remembering those cute times and fond memories. First day of school, K5, T-ball, Tiger Cubs. Now, they are moving on into the middle school, and are definately growing up.
Saturday night, my little bird, received his Arrow Of Light Patch. It is the highest honor a "Cub Scout" can receive. I thought here is another "growing up phase". After he walked across the bridge from the Cub Scout side, to the Boy Scout side - He stood in line with all the Boy Scouts, no longer a Cub. WAIT - there was a glimpse of hope, he is back to little again! Standing there, I noticed he was the smallest one. I can hang on for atleast one more year.
Followers
Monday, May 5, 2008
My Little Bird
Posted by wfbdoglover at 10:00 PM
Labels: Boy Scouts, family, kids
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
Aw, they grow up fast don't they?
to fast!
Post a Comment