Followers

Saturday, March 1, 2008

A Morning Person I Am NOT!

I woke up this morning at 7:55 a.m. - jumped out of bed, went to the bathroom, fed the dog and hopped in the shower. My husband was still sleeping - I didn't use the hair dryer, so I quickly got dressed and headed for my knitting class.

Switched around the cars, and drove very slowing up to my class. It was 8:45, I got their 15 minutes later than I wanted. I needed help purling and needed to get their early. Still freezing, from my wet hair, I walked up to the door and pulled it - locked. WHAT? I pulled it again and looked inside - black, dark, no one is there. I started to get a bit frustrated, like I said I needed help with my homework. I looked at the signs and it said open 9:30. I look at my watch - twice - it was 8:45 - darn.

Still half asleep, I drove home, thinking of coffee that I didn't have yet. I walked in and my husband already had some made for me. He asked my son where I was and he said my 10:00 knitting class. Guess I should have asked him for help this morning!

9 comments:

Vanessa Kiki Johanning said...

Hi K!
Nice to talk to you again! I love your blog, I will stop in often, but I ll try not to be a pest. hee hee
oooo a knitting class! How creative! Good for you~
I am back from lunch and now I'm going to do some sorting of my books... I have too many, and they need a major overall of organizing!...whew! c ya~

Vanessa

Anonymous said...

Where do you take your knitting class? I've actually be thinking about learning...

wfbdoglover said...

I took my beginning knitting class at Ruhamas. It was a one time, two hour class. We learned to cast on/off - knit/purl in this class. There were 6 of us. Two had experience years ago and took this as a refresher class, two that had some knitting experience and then myself and another lady that never picked up needles before.

What I would suggest, is having a friend help you get started or go to a knitting circle - there is currently one being held at the Urban Ecology Center on Sundays and find out the basics - before you take a class - at least thats what I would have like to have done.

A year and 1/2 later, I didn't know how to purl (I was so lost in the two hour class - one day class) and that did get me behind in this class.

This class is four sessions two hours each.

Our local park and rec also offers classes on knitting.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the info! I'm going to look into the Urban Ecology Center - even more now that I know I can not only rent skis there, but I can take some pretty cool classes. :) Thanks!!

wfbdoglover said...

may I recommend Earth Day on April 19th?

Riverside Park Earth Day Festival

Noon - 4 p.m.
For everyone
Free - donations appreciated


Enjoy Music by Ken Lonquist
Demos by Milwaukee Biodiesel Coop
Rock Climbing
Nature Walks in Riverside Park
Shuttle to Washington Park’s Festival
Crafts
Carriage Rides
Games
Food
Resource Booths

Vanessa Kiki Johanning said...

Wow Kat that sounds FUN!!!I am going to ask my daughter to see if she wants to come!!

wfbdoglover said...

Vanessa, we have gone before! It is great! Sometimes they have hay sledding.....

Let me know if you are going and we will try to go at the same time!

Anonymous said...

I'm definitely checking that out. I read about it last year and already have it marked on my calendar! Thanks for the heads-up!

Vanessa Kiki Johanning said...

ok I will talk to her tomorrow... How is every thing else? I an SOOOOOO ready for SPRING!!!!
How about you?