Followers

Saturday, March 8, 2008

Day Out

There is nothing like seeing a movie on the big screen, but to be quite honest with you - it is like throwing money down the drain. My friend was sick today and I offered to take her son and weekend house guest out with my son - she suggested a movie - I declined.

Instead, we utilized our Discovery World membership that allows us to bring guests and the three boys had a great time visiting the museum from 2:00 pm, until their 5:00 pm close. Cost for the day...... $5.00's for parking.

We had about an hour and a half dinner break and I was back to collect the boys at 7:00 pm to head downtown for some fresh air and some ice skating. Cost for the evening $5.50 ice skate rental for two and since my son had is own skates - his was free.

So for about the price of one movie ticket at the ipics movie theater, we had 7 hours of talking, walking, running, laughing, learning and exercise. Other than a bit of music on the i-pods, no computers were involved in this day out.......Give it a try sometime! Your kids will thank you for it!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like fun!

I still haven't been to Discovery World, nor have I been iceskating at Red Arrow Park. Both have been on my list of things to do for the last two years or so. I'm a slacker...