Followers

Monday, December 15, 2008

Fib vs. Lie

Scout told me a story today after school, It is a good one, I have to tell you that and I am actually very proud of him. But then he made a comment and made me wonder if it was true. So I asked if it was a fib and he said a lie? I said not exactly.

I told him a lie is when you say something and you know it isn't true. A fib is when you tell a story and it grows and you add a few things for effect. So a little while later, he comes by and tells me that he told a little bit of a fib in the story and only one little bit wasn't true and he told me which part. It actually was for effect and it wasn't that big of a fib. As he gave me a hug and told me he was sorry, I said "It's OK, Paw (his grandpa) does it all the time".

2 comments:

Ivanhoe said...

See, I could never comprehend the difference between lie and fib either. To me, fib is just a little lie :o)

Kimberly McKay said...

sweet little guy. I love that he came back to tell you that he fibbed it somewhat. I love it even more that you told him about grandpa! This made my heart smile.