Followers

Thursday, October 2, 2008

Meg the Babysitter


Tonight we had a bit of an emergency. My husband's regular car is getting some body work done and since it is a favor for a favor - its taking awhile they started two weeks ago) to fix TWO doors that someone (thank goodness it wasn't ME) hit with a snowplow truck last winter. So my husband has been driving a truck he picked up to tow the trailer for the go-karts.
Anyhow, back to the drama. I ran to the store and came back. Someone came and dropped off their car for my husband to work on their vehicle tomorrow. He had to pull up our other two cars to fit this one in the driveway. When he did that, he notice break fluid was leaking from the truck and he is still really mad about it as I type this.
So thinking quick, I said "How about I run you to work, you can work on both vehicles tomorrow and I can bring you and the scout to the truck on Saturday morning early. After a little coaxing, he agreed.
The scout was getting ready for bed and was in the shower. I told him what happened and that I would call the neighbor and she would be available in case of an emergency. He said OK, but still sounded a bit uneasy. I asked if he wanted Meg to come over and "babysit" and he said yes! - so Precious (above) came over to babysit for about 45 mins. We came home, she was fast asleep on her wag bag in his room and so was he. It took almost another half hour and 3 treats to get her back out of his room - what can I say, she likes us - she really likes us!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cute story!

Ivanhoe said...

So Meg is the babysitter, ha? I want a dog like that :o)

JEWEL said...

How can we find a Meg? She is not your dog? Looks like a black Lab - they are great dogs.

Angela said...

Cute story and the picture is awesome!!!!!!!
Sorry about all the car troubles too!

Kimberly McKay said...

Awww! That makes me miss my doggie. Love this story. Sorry you've had car issues. I hope you're up and running with able vehicles soon.

Anonymous said...

I want a Meg, too!

Lisa said...

Aw how sweet. Growing up we had a mutt that would herd the cows away if they got to close and would just lay and watch us outside for hours at a time.

Also had a Golden Retriever later on that I used to walk (he was well over 120 lbs so good thing he was a well behaved dog lol) and he would circle me if I bent down to tie my shoes and once pushed me off the road right when a bus almost hit us cause it was going to fast down our country road.

I love dogs!

Oh and you are right about the baking soda, it's awesome stuff and cheap.