Saturday I took my son to a Lutheran Church in Glendale to meet the WB Kung Foo club. It is a club that does practice the Chinese Dragon Dance, and performs it in the community. They also practice the martial arts - Kung Foo. It is self-defense.
The group is a small one. Four members were there, as well as two new students that looked to be about high school age. They went through a variety of exercises, including blocking a hit, jabbing someone in the stomach with three fingers and how to hurt someone by hitting them in the hand so they are paralyzed in pain.
Sounds pretty intense for a 5th grader hey? When you have problems at school with bullying you get to a point in life where enough is enough and we have had enough. Today we had a substitute teacher in art class. A regular physical abuser shoved my son. My son did the three finger jab to the stomach, unfortunately not hard enough. The other student twisted his arm back and my son stepped on his foot really hard. Then he said "Ouch, what did you do that for?". HA I can't wait for another lesson and for this to happen again.
Oh, the teacher just "spoke" with the student. YUP - that's pretty much all this school is good for. I've gone to the police too . So if you live in Wisconsin, please contact your Assembly Person and Senate and make sure that the Senate Bill 40 on bullying gets past this 2009 session. It will be the third year they have tried to get the bill to pass. Meanwhile, we will be practicing our Kung Foo every Saturday, as matters are in our own hands now.
Followers
Monday, April 7, 2008
Kung Foo
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


3 comments:
Aren't kids the worst? Good luck with the continuing lessons!
Sometimes you have to take matters into your own hands and learn to defend yourself. Kids can be horrible. I put up with bullying for many, many years throughout my young life. I'm glad your son is learning to stick up for himself.
Thanks for sharing that article. I really wish your son the best and I hope that helped in the matter by making people aware. Your boy is a tough cookie!
Post a Comment