A few years ago, Milwaukee County Parks started freezing a little area in Downtown Milwaukee so residents can ice skate. The park is called Red Arrow Park. There is a Starbucks that serves as a warming house. You can rent skates for $6.00's or bring your own and skate for free. The best part is the Zamboni that cleans the ice. As a child, I was a pretty good skater able to do sit spins, camel jump, toe pick and cross overs.
The Friday after Christmas, turned out to be a nice 50 degree night. With heat on cold comes fog. It was a beautiful night! What a great way to have an impromptu evening!
The city was lit up beautifully!


5 comments:
that's really beautiful--glad you're enjoying ice skating. I took my daughter today, but it was indoors. We tried going to the outdoor one at Bryant Park last week, which is free, but the wait was TWO HOURS.
That was really gorgeous! We had TONS of snow in CT, but when I came home Thurs, there was nary a flake in sight.
Glad to see your experience at Slice of Ice was better than mine (http://tinyurl.com/66h4k2)! I guess it helps if you can ice skate. :)
Happy New Year!
Wonderful pics. I remember ice skating every winter as a kid.
I don't anymore. I guess I just "grew" out of it. I'm sure it would be different if I had kids though ;o)
Thanks! and Happy New Year to you all!
Post a Comment