Followers

Sunday, November 9, 2008

USS Freedom















































Yesterday, the USS Freedom was commissioned in Milwaukee. We haven't had that since World War II. The commissioning is when the ship is officially put on watch. Someone asked me how we obtained tickets. I said I "knew someone". LOL My scout! Thank you to my scout for the opportunity to take part in such a special event!
God Bless America and the USS Freedom.
Thank you for picking Milwaukee.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lucky you!!

Nice pictures too.

Anonymous said...

I wish I got to go. Very cool.

I hope you're feeling better too!

Ivanhoe said...

Amazing! I wonder if she will ever come to Cleveland. I would totally go, too :o)

Connie said...

We went to the Domes on the same day; didn't know the light show wasn't till 7 but had a great time none the less.
Stoping by from the WI Blog Network ~ Have a great day & keep warm!

Elizabeth Bennett said...

Wow! Thats awesome. Congrats!

Take Care,
Elizabeth

Colleen - Mommy Always Wins said...

Awesome pictures - and the smiling face at the end despite the cold? Priceless!

Vodka Mom said...

I LOVE this. (I'm a navy brat..It's my thing...)