Followers

Friday, November 30, 2007

I just can't talk to my dad anymore!!

The fact is, he is getting old. Either that, he is so use to tuning out my mom that he just doesn't listen. Here is a typical phone call.

Hello - he says
Hi its me - I say
Let me take out my hearing aid - says he

OK

Squelching sounds come from the phone - I wince and pull the phone away.

Then click click from the hearing phone - only he mixes it up. He pushes the button for the loud hearing when he is talking and let's go when he is listening. When he talks to me it is all muffled. click click.

Eventually he gets the timing down. Then the mix-ups start.

Some recent lines are:
The parade starts at 6:00. We will pick you up at 5:30-5:40ish says me
OK see you about 3:00-3:30 he says!

Just wanted to let you know that grandson is OK with you not picking , him up today - says me.
He's frustrated with us? - Say's he.

Needless to say, I am really just asking for my mom these days and
she lets him know and keeps him in tow!!

0 comments: