
The Ingredients.....................
I love cooking, but mostly baking. I'm not afraid to try a new recipe. I love my free subscription to Kraft Food's Cooking Magazine. Last year, I even got a free calendar. So this months recipe is Coconut Shrimp. I modified it to be a family friendly recipe of Coconut Chicken - or so I thought.
Mix One Cup of Coconu t Flakes and Shake'N Bake into a bag........ I used just under 1 lb of chicken, cut into strips.
"Dress" both sides of your chicken in eggs. I used two, and gave the left overs to the dog for a shiney coat. I added the "egged chicken" into my bag of coconut and shake 'n bake and shook...... I put all my chicken in at once - it worked out fine, but next time I probably won't.

After putting a little olive oil on the bottom of the pan, I baked the chicken at 400 degrees for 16 minutes, flipping once and.......
voila....................................................


7 comments:
This looks delicious. I will have to give this a try! I love chicken and I love coconut - can't go wrong!
Thanks! I had leftovers for lunch! Let me know if you make it.
MMMmm that looks absolutely delish! I vote you for the next "Iron Chef"!! :)
That looks yummy! Didyou dip the chicken in any kind of sauce when it was done?
We are not dippers.. but that is a good idea! Any suggestions?
Sauce ... doesn't Red Lobster serve their coconut shrimp with a pineapple coconut sauce?
Will you make these again? Anything you would change?
Not to sure about the coconut, but it looked great!!!!!!
Post a Comment